COVID-19 - how it affects renting

Advanced search

Landlord Insurance - for live out landlords

Note: due to the effects of COVID-19, some of the information on this page might not currently apply.

Many landlords don't realise they need specialist landlord's insurance to cover their rental properties. A normal home insurance policy won’t protect you against the extra risks you can face as a landlord.

So what should you be looking for in a Landlord Buildings Insurance policy?

Contents insurance – You’re not responsible for your tenants' contents. You are however liable for items you provide to your tenants as part of the rental agreement, such as carpets, curtains and furniture to household utensils and electrical goods. You can add contents to your buildings insurance, choosing the level of cover you need.

Tailor your policy to add additional cover options such as:

Who can you trust for your landlords insurance?

Endorsed by the NUS and partners of the Mayor of London’s London Rental Standard, Endsleigh is recognised as marketing leading insurers for landlords and the private rental sector. As well as covering everything listed above, plus much more, Endsleigh is also the chosen insurer for many customers. Having worked in the private rental sector for over 25 years, they insure over 40,000 landlords and offer a comprehensive range of products for properties including shared houses.

For an expert landlord insurance quote from Endsleigh, click here.

Local landlords’ associations can also advise you on the best policy for your needs.

NB if you're a live in landlord, remaining resident in your property and renting out one or more rooms to lodgers, you need a different kind of specialist insurance. Find out more here.

User profile icon
Joined SpareRoom because: