Where to live wizard
Golders Green (NW11)
According to feedback from SpareRoom users, this area has the following characteristics:
- Double Room
- £164 pw
- Single Room
- £132 pw
- Brent Cross
- Golders Green
- Brent Cross is a relatively quiet area, safe and with acceptable prices for accommodation. It has an extensive shopping area catering for all tastes. Being in zone 3 it is relatively close to the central London (about 30 minutes on tube to Oxford Street or 45 minutes on the bus to the same area). Camden Town is only 10 minutes away by tube and Hampstead Heath the same. Work-wise there are still plenty opportunities in the area. Travelling to Luton and Heathrow airport takes about 45 minutes by car and over one hour to Gatwick airport.
- Lovely and quiet area, near Brent Cross Shopping Center and Brent Cross Station tube
- Well located for the lovely nearby Golders Hill Park. The high st is a little run down & offers little fashion, which is mostly very cheap quality. It has a couple of okayish places to eat. The Water margin, Carmelli's bakery is great, Baskin ice cream, Cafe Japan & Solly's. This is a Jewish area & has plenty of Kosher places & women's only gym at LA fitness.
- Lovely area!
- Golders Green is on the Northern line (Edgware branch). Many buses go straight to town. It is a pleasant suburban,residential area with attractive parks, green spaces, a very good shopping area, near to Brent Cross,with many well known shops (M&S, John Lewis, Fenwick etc) There are a large number of restaurants from all denominations. Schools for foreign students. There is a Jewish Community very active, with schools and synagogues, amongst other diverse communities. Its a quiet and safe area.
- Great open spaces. Buses run all night along the Finchley road, underground into central London 16 mins. Good selection of restaurants. Waitrose, M&S, Sainsburys supermarkets all within walking distance of each other. A short bus ride away is Brent Cross shopping centre. A safe & happy area to live in. A police station in Finchley Rd.
- Posh, Green Area with a great High Street and Parks. Close to 3 Tubes (Hendon Central, Brent Cross & Golders Green), BR (Hendon) & Central Bus Station (Golders Green Bus & Tube Station). Great Cafes & Restaurants, Great Shopping Centre (Brent Cross Shopping Centre) - Must be visited by anyone new to London!!
- Most current vibrant area to live in.
- Lovely, charming area