Where to live wizard
According to feedback from SpareRoom users, this area has the following characteristics:
- Double Room
- £165 pw
- Single Room
- £117 pw
- Elverson Road
- Hither Green
- St. Johns
- Hither Green an up and coming part of South east London with close connections to Blackheath and Greenwich, it is connected enough to make that commute to work relatively straightforward and stress free but also quaint with a great helping of local arts and culture.
- Hither Green is a lovely area with a village feel, and with good local shops and supermarkets. The area is very safe. Trains run directly to London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street.
- Nice quiet family area, lacking in bars & restarants but makes up for this by what the lack of those things brings: Quiet, safe, cosy etc. Very good connections to Wharf & City.
- Surrounded by bustling shopping centres but in an oasis of residential calm.
- Hither Green is a lovely area with a village atmosphere but with great and fast connections into London.
- Stylish quiet safe area with good connections to central London and the city.
- Much is changing in Hither Green with new delis and cafes opening up, and a new restaurant/bar and swimming pool to follow soon. Certainly an area on the up.
- Love Ladywell!
- Lewisham, once a genteel Victorian suburb and home of E Nesbit's Bastable family, lost some of its charm during the Second World War when the town centre was bombed and replaced with a concrete pedestrian shopping complex. While this small area has yet to be fully regenerated, the streets of Lewisham, south to Ladywell and west to Brockley, are a treasure trove of beautiful Victorian properties. The shops are picking up as well, with more beauty salons and cafes complimenting the shops and market around the Riverdale centre, which has pretty much everything you need on a day to day basis. Most streets are tree-lined, and the wonderful Hilly Fields park affords stunning views over the City of London and the south towards Sussex, as well as boasting its own stone circle, created to mark the millennium. Although located in Zone 2 and 10 mins from London Bridge, the area is not 'bien connu' as a residential area like Clapham, mainly because it is not on the main Tube network, though well-connected on the DLR and mainline services, but has many similarities and is much less expensive. Only a 10 minute ride on the DLR to the parks and pubs of Greenwich and Blackheath. An increasingly popular choice for those who want to live in a period property, in a location with lovely parks, good shops and quick access to the City and central London.
- Reputation is bad, no idea why!! Been here a few years and love it. Have all the joy of Blackheath and Greenwich without the price.
- DLR Station and train station, also many buses round the Lewisham area. 15min to town.
- The suburbs close to the town centre are a pleasant surprise! Underrated!!
- Great place to bring up children, wide range of activities on offer, shopping centre ok, lots of parks.
- Ideal for Canary Wharf, London Bridge and Charing Cross commuting.
- Great value for money, no idea why it has been stigmatized, its a great place with excellent shopping and markets.
- Lewisham is safe and next to lovely Blackheath. what lewisham lacks Blackheath provides.
- Only about a 15 minute walk to Greenwich, and surrounded by shopping and pubs the area is quite underrated. Following the completion of many of the current housing developments this area will become quite in-demand!
- Overlooked at first glance as not connected to the main tube network. On the contrary, the train connections from Lewisham take you into 4 major stations in Central London (London Bridge, Charing Cross, Victoria, Waterloo East) in just 10 - 20 mins. A great, cost-effective commuter hub, just a short walk from the bars and restaurants of Blackheath.
- Excellent area, highly under rated due to which you can find some great property deals! I have lived in the "Deals Gateway Development" for 3 years and have no plans of moving out soon. Safe, well connected, comfortable and affordable. Can't ask for more in London...