Where to live wizard
Plumstead / Woolwich (SE18)
According to feedback from SpareRoom users, this area has the following characteristics:
- Double Room
- £136 pw
- Single Room
- £103 pw
- Woolwich Arsenal
- Woolwich Dockyard
- Woolwich has just got the DLR so it is much cheaper to get into London. Greenwich as a whole as many parks and open spaces which makes it a lovely place if you like to be out in the open air.
- Plumstead Common, particularly the area on the Welling/Shooters Hill borders is very picturesque: wonderfully dramatic hills and dales, very green and often quite wooded, with some fantastic Victorian architecture. It even boasts its own (and maintained) public toilet. The housing is still some of the cheapest in the South East of England, and yet is within easy reach of the City, the Kent countryside and the M25, as well as shopping centres like Bexleyheath, Charlton, Bluewater or Lewisham. I love Plumstead!
- King Henry VIII decided to build two dockyards on the Thames in 1513. These would be close to London where it was easier to get arms, supplies for building the ships and a ready labour force. Henry chose Woolwich and Deptford as his sites as they were also conveniently near his Palace at Greenwich, which meant that he could watch the shipbuilding in progress.
- The Royal Arsenal is a new development on the riverside at Woolwich. It is an English Heritage site and Berkeley Homes won the contract to convert all old warehouses into exclusive apartments. The site has it's own Concierge, Gym, mini supermarket and pub called The Dial Arch.
- Good connections, good food shopping, green areas, multicultural
- Plumstead se18 Zone 4 - Has busy high street with large Leafy Common and woodland. Easy access to Central London by Over ground Train / and DLR ( woolwich ) 10 min by bus .
- CrossRail the fastest public transport opening in 2018 will connect Woolwich in few minutes to central London and beyond.
- You are not going to find trendy bars and cafes in Plumtsead, but there is a good multicultural mix, and with the new DLR station in Woolwich Arsenal, it is better connected than it previously was. There are some lovely green areas surrounding it, and Plumstead Common is a lovely green area, good for walks. I have lived here for 13 years and have always felt safe in that time. People are generally friendly, but, like anywhere else, we have our fair share of problems too.
- Plumstead Common is the Hampstead of the South - Plumstead Common is beautiful!!!!
- Why live in zone 1 or 2 when you can live a little further out and enjoy open space - less people but still have great links to the city.
- SAFE, QUIET, WELL-CONNECTED AREA. GOOD FOR LIVING.
- Plumstead is quite unique in that even though we are smack in London, (the Olympic stadium is only 15mins away) you often wake up to birds singing! There are some quirky cafe's such as Namaste the Nepalese by the station. It has a village vibe and is simply a very chilled gem in London. I just hope it stays that way now that its on the up!
- A lovely place to live. Well connected and leafy at the same time.
- Beautiful surroundings as it's very green with a golf course in the area. Lovely mix of terraced, semi's and detached properties and local amenities including pubs within easy reach. Walking distance to Woolwich (DLR/Rail/Ferry/Crossrail) which has buses that go to the 02 Arena (20 mins).
- Beautiful panoramic views across London. Close to the Thames with an ancient woodland nearby. Good transport links to central London, the O2 arena, Canary Wharf & Stratford.
- Shooters Hill is extremely leafy with an ancient woodlands, a working farm which is the oldest working farm in Europe! ABSOLUTELY LOVELY :-)
- Very nice neighbourhood with old and young alike.
- Up and coming residential area, good shops and pubs,good transport links; DLR and trains to Canary Wharf and City.
- Welll connected to transportation, ie Buses, Trains, Tubes and Ferry. Shopping centres, cinema, eating out, pubs and more.
- Well connected to central London,24h buses
- There's good transport, 20mins from London Bridge, great view of London, wonderful walks by the river or the park!