Where to live wizard
Bayswater / Paddington (W2)
According to feedback from SpareRoom users, this area has the following characteristics:
- Double Room
- £199 pw
- Single Room
- £148 pw
- Edgware Road
- Lancaster Gate
- Royal Oak
- Warwick Avenue
- Close to Hyde Park, Porchester gym and its swimming pool, excellent transport, cheap eateries, not far from Portobello Market.
- The best !! convenience of THREE tube stations ( Queensway - Central Line....Bayswater - District & Circle ?. Royal Oak - Hammersmith & city line) Hyde Park on your doorstep .. Notting Hill next door ...Padddington straight to HEATHROW on the express ! ...ZONE ONE !!
- Perfect to be settled in: full of shops, ultra safe, extremely central, Hyde Park just in front!
- Great place to live, especially for young adults! Really close to Portobello Market, Notting Hill, Westfield, ideal for eating out, shopping, having fun. Great connections to Oxford Street, Chelsea, Camden most monuments and other places of interest in London thanks to great tube stations (including the Circle which is perfect for visiting!). Couldn't wish any better!
- I've lived there myself and now rent the place out - it's a great place to live, with the best 24-7 shops selling fantastic fresh fruit and veg, along with Church Street Market, Paddington Basin, Little Venice and Marble Arch just a short walk away! Cool place to be - cheaper than the W1 areas, just as good!
- W2 is wonderfully accessible with a great range of bars, restaurants and shopping. Wonderful sightseeing all within walking distance - Hyde Park,Kensington Gardens/Palace or within 15mins walk to Portobello as well as the canals of Paddington and Maida Vale. W2 has something for everyone!
- Is the safest and best area in London I have had opportunity to live in, you do not get troubles here and is real experience of living in London, the architecture has got the soul!
- I live in Lancaster Gate and love the proximity of Paddington (to LHR, Westbourne Grove and Notting Hill).
- Central location with local pubs, bars, restaurants and shops within 2 minutes. Only two nmins to Paddington Rail and Tube stations and Lancaster Gate Tube and very near Hyde Park. 2 tube stops to Oxford Circus.
- Easy access to central London; close to Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens.
- Very close to Edgware road which is an arab area with plenty of arab cafes to choose from. Good saturday market and good transport links.
- Only 5 min walk from Hyde Park or Portobello Market. There is some nice restaurants and shops.