Where to live wizard
According to feedback from SpareRoom users, this area has the following characteristics:
- Double Room
- £158 pw
- Single Room
- £133 pw
- Blackhorse Road
- St. James Street
- Walthamstow Central
- Walthamstow Queen's Road
- Wood Street
- On the Victoria Line. Ten minutes walk to Tube Station. Very good for walks and cycling
- Bright, up and coming area.
- Really nice place, with great tube connections.
- Blackhorse Road is all that you can desire from a neighborhood: is peaceful and villagey, but at the same time also very up and coming and very East-London vibes-oriented. :) Thanks to Victoria line you can be in King's Cross in 15 minutes and in the buzzy Oxford Street in 20. I love it! I will never change that to move anywhere else. :)
- Lived in Walthamstow for 12 years, lots of good friendly people, some really nice pubs and restaurants, and some not so good. You choose.
- Lovely safe area.
- A half hour commute to Central London, Walthamstow has terraced houses rather than tower blocks, picturesque and arty Walthamstow village and the Lea Valley on its doorstep.
- A friendly area, everything you need shops, restaurants, parks excellent transport links.
- Walthamstow is what you make of it. For commuters it offers Fast regular transport by tube and two train stations (1/4 hourly trains direct to Liverpool Street last one back is 1am, end of the Victoria line, so you get a seat all ther way into the West end etc), later than that it is a major hub of the Night bus service + for drivers it offers a good short cut to the M25 through Epping Forest (far less tailbacks than anywhere as central) If you want vibrancy and off the scale ethnic diversity it has Europes longest market. Think all the good things about Brixton but without the edginess. Also great links to Hackney if you like your night life but don't fancy the hastle of getting home. If you want to live it up then Immediately above the Station you have Walthamstow Village- delis, organic food and quiet restaurants, then if you want to unwind you have Epping forest, the lea valley and Walthamstow marshes nature reserve on your doorstep. Once people move here, they tend to stay for the duration.
- Cheap, practical and with everything nearby, plus a great 'village' nearby with great pubs and restaurants.
- Central Walthamstow is fantastic fusion of up and down market. The sophisticated comforts of the and the unpretentiousness of the traditional street market. This plus a town centre vibrant with the sights and sounds of all sorts of free events, music and breadth of cultures.
- Short walk to the longest market in europe.
- So quick to town, the longest running daily street market in the UK, and a great little village.
- Walthamstow is deceptively central with it's great transport connections to central London. It's just 15 minutes on the overground train to Liverpool Street Station and they run every 15 minutes too. Also the Victoria line runs directly into the heart of London, 35 minutes to Oxford Circus.