Where to live wizard
According to feedback from SpareRoom users, this area has the following characteristics:
- Double Room
- £163 pw
- Single Room
- £131 pw
- Rectory Road
- I have lived in Hackney for over 20yrs. It is multicultural and has a fantastic vibe to it. Has also been very trendy to live here.
- We have lived in Clapton for 5 years coming from Notting Hill and London Bridge and it is the best area in London! the housing is all Victorian and gorgeous, the people are real characters and so friendly. Recently, the arrival of French deli, creperie, Sunday vintage market and soon to arrive gastro pub means it's definitely up and coming but will always retain its special character. People who live here tend to love it. Get here quick before it is gets too expensive!
- Very close to Liverpool St do very easy to get to Central London. Round the corner from up and coming Dalston and the always fun and quirky Hackney / Shoreditch / Hoxton!
- Clapton, the best kept secret in Hackney.
- great place
- One of the best things is that it's so close to the Lea Valley - walks, water and wildlife.
- We have lived here for 6 years now and can see the improvement made to the environment by a Council that genuinely cares. Having lived in Islington and Haringey (Muswell Hill) we much prefer Clapton for it's vibrancy.
- Surprisingly peaceful. Property prices more realistic and you get more for your money. Full of character and people genuinely care about the environment. I can't fault Hackney Council's services. Bus service second to none. The closure of a rather unsavoury nightclub a couple of years ago has transformed the area and all it would take to totally raise the profile would be for the building to be turned into an independent cinema - The Screen on the Pond. How cool would that be?! The building is up for sale
- Upper Clapton, is the bit everyone forgets, its right next door to Stoke Newington, with a travel time of only 20 mins to Liverpool Street station from most of the area. Excellent cafe's, resaurants and parks and only a short hop to the Olympic site or Islington.
- Dalston maybe perfect for nights out but you don't want to live there. Luckily you don't have to, Clapton is underated, chilled neighbourhood with good connections to all the "hip" places (Dalston, Shoreditch, Camden etc).