Skip to content
What are you searching for?
Advanced search

Flat Share Home Contents & Shared House Contents Insurance

Okay, we know it’s a boring word – but protecting your stuff in a new place is actually pretty important. Here are some things to think about.

Shared contents insurance

This is probably the one to go for in a shared property – it’ll cover the contents of your room if they’re lost, damaged or stolen (including fire and floods), but it might not protect items elsewhere in the house or outside (like a bike). It’ll protect your deposit too because it covers the landlord’s fixtures and fittings.

Get a free Shared contents insurance quote

Student possessions insurance

It’s the kind that covers students, obviously. You’ll need it to cover both halls living and rented shared housing – Endsleigh’s will insure the contents of your room, laptop and mobile phone. They’ll replace laptops or mobile phones within 24 hours too, so sadly you’ve got no excuse for missing lectures…

Get a free Student possessions insurance quote

Gadget insurance

Insuring your phone or gadgets is probably cheaper to do separately – some policies will cover up to ten gadgets, and cover loss, theft and accidental damage as standard.

Get a free Gadget insurance quote