COVID-19 - how it affects renting

Advanced search

Lodger insurance

Note: due to the effects of COVID-19, some of the information on this page might not currently apply.


You might need to update your insurance if you take a lodger, as an additional person with a key to your house increases the risk of damage and theft. In most cases, you won’t need a separate policy, but will need to update your existing policy to take the extra risk into account.

EmberJD Lodger Insurance is a great specialist service that covers you for up to five lodgers – they’ll even cover you if your lodger works from home (depending on the type of work they do). Find out more

Find out more here.

User profile icon
Joined SpareRoom because: